things I covet today

I wanted to post pictures, but I'm on my evil work computer and don't feel like figuring out how to edit in horrid Microsoft Photo Editor. So it will have to be a list instead.
  • superhelpful book. I picked this one up from the library, and I've added it to my wish list. besides the very cool photos (which were a good balance of vintage without being shabby chic/country but not all danish modern either), it had directions for projects. And my favorite? Was a net throw with leather flower shapes stitched onto it. Sounds weird, I know, but the effect was breathtaking. I want to try it with gray wool felt shapes instead...and I want to try making the same concept into curtains....ok, so it's a very inspiring book.
  • moth pin. Wouldn't this be cool on the lapel of a tweed blazer? Or pinned to a velvet ribbon and tied around your throat?
  • lovely cards. Expensive, but oh-so-pretty. I admit, I'm a sucker for silouhettes. And if said silouettes have a art deco feel? I'm a goner. Frame a few of these and hang them in a powder room, or maybe in a girls room for a timeless but still feminine decoration.
  • cool shirt. Way less studied than anything from Threadless. I love the organic feel of this, and how it almost seems like the pattern just happened when the shirt fell into a pail of bleach.

Comments

Popular Posts