::rethinking::

The Picasso exhibit I attended on Saturday has me thinking a lot about how literal I am with my photography. I want to deconstruct it, but I'm not sure how. Today I read this article, and it goes along with that, sort of. (Emphasis mine.) Read the whole thing; it's not long.
The point of all creative business is to create a platform that best supports the art behind it. The artist you are has to have a deep desire to be iconic or else you would not be doing what you do for a living. Your creative business is no different. Your goal should be to be LESS comparable to the competition, not more. To talk to potential clients in a way that NO ONE else is talking to them. You can and should build a better mousetrap that provides clients with only what is most valuable about you and your art and forgets about the rest.

Comments

Popular Posts