recipe reviews

I don't know about you all, but when I need recipie inspiration these days, about 75% of the time I go to pinterest. Usually I know I've pinned something, or I can skim across boards until I see an idea I like. The problem lies when it's time to actually COOK things. Do I ever manage it? Well, this week I've been trying to knock some off the list, and here is what I've found. First up: sweet onion mac n cheese.

I LOVE the idea here. Flavoring mac and cheese with caramelized onions? Um, delicious! Unfortunately, the execution left something to be desired. I've been doing my mac and cheese without a béchamel sauce for a while now, so we're used to a very cheesy, not-too-heavy dish. That was not the case. This had a TON of sauce (1c flour/1c butter/5 c milk for one pound of pasta!) and the cheese flavor was kind of drowned. I'm going to try to use this concept in my recipe from here on out.

Oh. My. Goodness. SO GOOD. I actually doubled this (she had cut it in half, and I had a TON of apples to use up) but I think I forgot to double the glaze. No matter. Was moist, delicious, flavorful, and perfect. Keep!

Amazing! I did this as both a sheet cake and cupcakes, and it was a winner both times. I literally made it twice in two days; it's that easy. Note: when I made it as a sheet cake, I cut back on the icing and added sour cream to cut the sweetness. Worked very well. So, lovelies, what have you been pinning and making lately?

Comments

Popular Posts