this is what floats around in my head

I've had this photoshoot in my head for a while, and finally last Saturday we drove to Ocean City to take the shots. The concept was vintage coats with stilettos, very vintage glam hair, and red lips, against a background of the abandoned beaches. Well, we got to the beach and it was pouring and the wind was gusting up to 55 mph. So the girls didn't want to do it, but we hadn't just spent 2 hours pincurling Jo's hair just to give up. You can see her hair deteriorate as the shoot progresses, and maybe I should call this "the ruined shoot." But I absolutely adore these pictures and think my sister looks amazing.

the eyes have it

striking a pose

clara bow

rain

drama

joie de vivre

laughing

enigmatic

like a skylark

hiding from the crowds

calling a cab

last night's fun

::she::

alone

Comments

Anonymous said…
Great job on the pictures! I love the vintage feel of them!
Anonymous said…
What gorgeous photos!
Unknown said…
Beautiful! I particularly love the one with the umbrella.
Kelly said…
Frankly, I think it's fantabulous. I would've never known it was a "ruined shoot" until you mentioned it. Sooo much here that I love.
pungsnotded said…
They all look amazing! What a beautiful sister you have!
Lauryl Lane said…
gorgeous! joy is stunning, the shots are amazing and the feel is beyond fabulous.
Anonymous said…
Amazing shots. You are ridiculously talented and your sister is a great subject.
fleur_delicious said…
ruined schmuined! I think they're lovely. I particularly appreciate your sense of colour and the coats/dresses/heels you've put together - the teal and ivory with the orange umbrella, the purpley-slate dress with orange coat against a muted/darker ground - very, very nice.
Unknown said…
I adore them! they are great - not a ruined shot in the whole bunch :) Joy looks amazing!!
Anonymous said…
these are wonderful photos. I love the ones of her with the umbrella the most.
softspoken said…
the last one is so marilyn!

Popular Posts