back for reals

We have the interwebs now! However, don't expect my blogging to be prolific at all. For one thing, our connection is super-slow (a little above dialup) so I'm not doing much surfing and link collecting. However, I do want to pop in every so often and share my new favorites.

I hit the thrift stores yesterday and totally scored on the pictures front. That (combined with the fact that I actually had time to do it) inspired me to finally work on getting our house to look like a home. The above is a shot of my newly arranged baking station; I decided to take advantage of the (rather randomly located) plug and add some much-needed counter space. The awesome Moulin Rouge poster I picked up at Goodwill yesterday, the black-and-white images on the left were cut out of a book and framed in thrifted frames. Lovely, no?


This was my other find of the day; I discovered one outfit in the bottom of a huge bin full of free books, and commenced to pulling all the books out until I found as many as I could. The staff looked at me quite oddly, but faint heart never found cool vintage paper dolls! Sadly, the head is ripped off, and I only found the boy's head and the girl's body, but I have high hopes of using the little outfits in collages or shadowboxes.

Anyway, it's good to be back.

Comments

Lauryl Lane said…
more, more, more!

Popular Posts