om nom muffins!

the muffin man
Today I got sent home from work with a bunch of blueberries that were close to being thrown away, so I whipped up some muffins.

I don't have a go-to muffin recipie, but I *do* have a go-to cookbook. I'll be honest, it's a very strange cookbook. There's a whole chapter for cakes, a whole chapter for candy, one for cookies, one for brownies and bars (as opposed to cookies), one for desserts, one for ice creams, and then "main dishes, casseroles, meats and veggies" are all folded into ONE CHAPTER.

Yes, it's eclectic, but if you need a recipe for something sweet in a very large quantity, this is the place to go. (The molasses cookie recipe calls for SIX CUPS of flour.)

Anyway, I pulled out a likely-looking recipe, and it was delicious! The key, I think, is that they're not terribly sweet. I also really like the crumb topping; it's quite light and crunchy. So anyway, here you go!

Blueberry Muffins

Preheat oven to 400.

Cut together 1 cup flour, 1/4 cup softened butter, and 1/2 sugar. Will be very floury. This is the crumb topping; set it aside.

Combine 3 cups of flour, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup salt, 4 teaspoons baking powder. Set aside.

Whisk together 2 eggs, 1/2 cup oil, and 1 cup milk. Add dry ingredients. Add 3 cups (or so) fresh or frozen blueberries.

Spoon into cupcake papers, sprinkle crumb topping generously on top.

Bake for 15-20 minutes. (Will probably require longer if using frozen berries.)

Makes about 18 muffins.

the muffin man
And the most important thing: Munchkin approves!
the muffin man the muffin man

Comments

Popular Posts