things I'm reading
I actually have some internet reading time now that I'm breastfeeding a chunky little munchkin. (She's getting so fat!) Well, I have time to read when I'm not sucked in by playing the SIMS. (Dude. Wat??? CANNOT STOP.) Anyway, this is all pretty random, but it's stuff I found interesting and/or worthy of sharing this week.
- Pretty sure I've posted before, but should be re-shared every January: Jerry Seinfeld's productivity secret.
- Also from lifehacker: Muhammad Ali's productivity tricks.
- The stuff you really should be doing for your teeth. (spoiler alert: there's a lot about flossing.)
- I think I'm going to take the wardrobe architect challenge. Not the non-buying stuff, but I want to really simplify my life, and that includes my closet.
- how to attack 2015 like a badass.
At the end of 2012, I declared that in 2013, I would start 12 businesses in 12 months. Failing at that (due not only to outrageous overoptimism, which I do not regret, but also due to crippling morning sickness) still meant that I started several businesses, which is several more than most people start in a year.
- "If you’re the best one in the room, you’re in the wrong room." Now I kind of want to get that as my next tattoo.
- These hot pink Christmas decorations. I want there to be more pictures and also I'm TOTALLY bringing back my pink theme next year.
- Tell better stories. Advice from people who would know. (Gillian Flynn, etc.)
- this ad made me laugh.
- Love the idea of keeping a logbook. Especially as a parent, it's easy to look at a day and wonder where it went. This might help. Add to my list of goals for this year.