Last year I did a few things that I decidedly didn't foresee in January when I was writing my list including completely change career directions and have a baby. (That's my excuse for crossing literally TWO THINGS off it.) So who knows where this year will go, but that's why it's fun, right? (Previous lists are here: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008)
My overall goal for the year is to do what matters and forget the rest. And my word for the year is "simplify."
- Learn to drink scotch with the husband.
- Read 52 books.
- Start working on my degree.
- Simplify/streamline wardrobe and develop a personal "uniform."
- Complete all Christmas present shopping/making by Halloween (to allow time to enjoy the holidays with family as well as prevent overspending).
- Organize bookshelves with some method (yet to be decided). Eliminate excess.
- Buy a new TV.
- Memorize a poem.
- Get photos printed once a month. (Am I the only one who has a phone full of photos but no photo albums?)
- Celebrate our tenth anniversary properly (Key West?)
- Take a family vacation that doesn't involve visiting anyone.
- Go on a girls weekend with the sisters.
- Make manager/get own store.
- Finish paying off debt.
- Complete coffee master training.
- Start running again.
- Complete a 5K.
- Learn to surf.
- Get back into size 8 pants.
- Take a yoga class.
- Preserve some fruits and veggies.
- Start making own yogurt.
Anyone else writing out their goals? How do you keep yourself on track for the year?