A post to start your week
This was supposed to go up on Friday, but you know: life. Which means you now have stuff to waste time on Monday morning. Hooray!?!
This is so worth the eight minutes it will take to watch it.
- This is so good: how and when to work for free. (Basically, Jen Dzuria is the Queen of Everything.)
- These painted thrift store purses are pretty epic. (Also from Aunt Peaches: Valentine's DIYs to try.)
- This ombre dyed yarn is SO PRETTY. I want some.
- I've been wanting a shaggy rug. Here's a tutorial.
- SO CUTE: make your own tea bags (page is in Swedish, but the pictures are quite thorough).
- This tutorial for "dipped" mugs is pretty simple, but I love the idea of making these in a range of ombre shades. (Yes, I'm still obsessed with ombre.)
- Giant deer antlers out of paper mache. Yes. Please. I think the obvious next step is making them gold-colored.
- I've finally caved and admitted that I need a pair of cute sneakers; ballet flats don't always cut it when you have a two-year-old. Wit and Delight pulled together some adorable options.
- Rihanna is slaying, as usual, in this underwater shoot.
- I think this make-your-own chocolate bar kit would make a great last-minute valentine.
- There's also the make-some-crazy-awesome-sounding-truffles option. (I think I'm going to try some of these.)
- Here's a super-pretty, non-pink valentine's day wallpaper for your phone.
- And for your big date: red lippy that stays put. (Spoiler alert: it's not all about the liner.)
"...your home is that thing to which you can dedicate your energies with such singular devotion that the ultimate results become inconsequential."