The one where I give you stuffs to watch

So blogging hasn't happened much this maternity leave, just like last time, and I'm ok with that. I have been getting some serious netflix time in while breastfeeding, though, and I have some recommendations to share.So here you go: top five four things I've watched lately. (Someone woke up and needed feeding and to postpone the post meant it would never happen.)


 The Joneses is a rather biting commentary on our current consumer society. It is rated R, so consider yourself warned.


Gah! I loved this! The One I Love is one of the best movies I've seen in the past six months. Was so excited when it showed up on Netflix because I'd heard so many good things about it. Besides all that: Mark Duplass. Yasssssss.



The Fall is deeply creepy: it's about a serial killer. So there's that. Don't watch it with kids around. There's also sex. It's also very compelling (not a crime procedural like you would normally think) and Gillian Anderson is gorgeous. You can't stop staring at her.


Leverage is one of my favorite shows ever, Every episode is like a heist movie, and I love those. In addition, the characters are pretty fantastic and I can't pick my favorite."Age of the geek, baby." I just rewatched all five seasons and loved them just as much as the first time around.

There you go: some amazingness you might not have watched yet. And once you're done with all that there's always the classics: Firefly, West Wing, Angel.

Comments

Tina C. said…
Ooh, I love leverage! I've got The Fall on my netflix list, planned to start that tonight, and we just finished Peaky Blinders, which I loved. But be warned, it's got violence, etc. so not something to watch with kiddos. Also, we had to watch with cc on because the accents are a bit thick.

Popular Posts