excuses to buy the perfect boots

I've been coveting a pair of low, black, motorcycle-esqe boots ever since I saw a picture of someone wearing a pair with skinny black pants, a long, loose tunic top, and huge sunglasses. Well, I've found the perfect pair, and of COURSE they're from Frye and cost almost $200. But in the interest of convincing myself of just how versatile they are, I decided to put together a couple of outfits. I was going to go online, download pictures, and put together collages in photoshop, but instead I decided to try out this polyvore thing I've been hearing about. Oh. My. Word. Can you say adddictive? It's like playing dressup in the worlds largest department store but without the horrid lighting and unflattering mirrors. Completely fun. So anyway, here are my outfits. Who wants to suggest one for me, or tell me why these boots are the WORST IDEA EVER?

City Chic



Skinny pants, slouchy hat, loose dress, cushy fabrics, shades of gray with a punch of color in the gloves, and it all says "I'm too cool to care." Except for the fabulously feminine vintage peacock earrings. They rock.


Lots of black, bright colored petticoat, super-feminine dress, cardigan wrapped around, ribbon tied over top, and pinned with the brooch, perfect pearls, silly sunglasses, and butt-kicking boots. Perfection.

Comments

s.i. michaels said…
Oh my gosh, I *loe* the skinny jeans & tunic combo with those boots.

Though you'll probably never hear me say that any Frye boots aren't a good idea.
hollarback said…
Frye engineer/MC boots are a classic, save up and get the real deal. If you get a lesser boot, you will only end up buying several pairs which will cost more in the long run, trust me (I have done that - I wised up) Plus you can always get them re-soled. You will have them forever. They go with everything.

Personally, I hate skinny jeans, but I wore them back in the day, so I am entitled.

Popular Posts