review: the curious case of benjamin button

So I finally had a chance to see this much-lauded film. And, well, I'll put it bluntly: I was underwhelmed. I know it was written and directed by the same guys who did Forrest Gump, and in some ways there are similarities: the whole idea of an innocent seeing a time of change. However, while the movie was visually gorgeous, and I now want to steal Cate Blanchett's hair, it was just cold, at least until Cate came onscreen. The technology was amazing, but Brad Pitt left me cold. I didn't really care that much about his character; the story only came alive when Cate come on. And she was brilliant. Absolutely lovely.
And this is short and disjointed because I have a headache, so tell me: what did you think?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Cate Blanchett with a southern accent FTW; but Benjamin Button kept dragging on, always pausing dramatically on Brad Pitt's face, a lot like Meet Joe Black, FTL

Popular Posts