balloons + bunnies = happy soft fuzziness

If you already follow my flickr, you'll have seen these, but I'll share a little more background here.
See, the everlovely Porkchop is my original model. When I got my first camera, she was nine, so I would dress her up in ridiculous costumes and make her pose. Soon it grew into a tradition, and every year we do a photo shoot around her birthday. On her sixteenth birthday she wore a white gown and tiara, for her seventeenth we did a vintage dress, and by eighteen she looked like this. We didn't have time to do a shoot last October, so about two weeks ago (before the bunny ran away) we drove out to an abandoned motel that I've been obsessing over and took some pictures.
Now, over the past few years Porkchop has become veryvery good at hair and makeup, and has been spending more time behind the camera. So when we started the shoot and even as we ended it, both of us felt flat and kind of "off." What is normally effortless and fun was actually work, and we were sure we both hated all the pictures. But after I finished processing them, I'm in love. Again.
Here's to many more photoshoots, Porkchop.

more balloons

more bunny!



bunny kisses!

View the rest of the set here.

Comments

Popular Posts