in which I ramble

I'm sitting in Starbucks typing this. Yesterday I crashed hard, after finishing shooting my first full-length (7 looks!) editorial for publication. Yes, it's online. No, I'm not getting paid for that one. Do I care? Absolutely not. I'm checking a goal off my list, and that, for me, is enough.
Pause here. Can I just say how much I love that little "goals 2010" link at the top of my blog? I'm pretty sure I would forget most of those and drift through my year without having that up there prodding me.
Anyway. So you'll hopefully see the images from that shoot soon; I'll be sure to share them. Can you believe it's been a year since the angels and demons shoot? Yowza. I've grown a lot as a photographer since then, I think. Can I also mention what an amazing stylist my sister is? I tried shooting without her and the images are just....flat. She pushes me. Hard. And much as I want to kick her in the teeth sometimes, she does push me to be better. 
Anyway, two more things before I end this caffeine-fueled rambling. 
One: in conjunction with the editorial I had the opportunity to email Deanna Raybourn and her response, in addition to being incredibly gracious, included "if you're ever down this way, let me know! I'd love to meet you in person." GULP. Um, of course, awesome person! Anyway, that completely made my day. (Thank you for indulging my abject groveling.)
Two: currently on my left wrist is a random bracelet that was left at Starbucks and we appropriated. It reads:
Go beyond good. Be amazing.

I like that. And that is all. 

Comments

Popular Posts