self-portrait day

week 31


project 52, week 31
Yesterday I was a slacker. I photographed a church service in the morning, went to lunch with friends, and proceeded to spend the rest of the afternoon just spending time with my husband. I read, he watched some show. We snuggled with our respective pets, and I didn't sit down at my desk until the sun was long gone and the house was getting chilly.
This may seem like a small thing, but for me it's a big deal. A day of free time, hours without commitments, and I'm not working? This feels wrong somehow. Even when I'm caught up on work that has to be done, there's always about 5 more projects that I need to do, skills I need to master. And yet...sometimes it's more important to spend time with those you love.
I'm trying to find the balance. So far, it's not going so well.

Comments

Popular Posts