today I'm thankful

And not just because it's thanksgiving day. I'm thankful because I've so much to be thankful for. I try not to talk about religion much here on the blog, but on days like today, when my heart is overflowing in wonder at the greatness of my God, I have to think of the verse, "the blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich, and He addeth no sorrow with it." I've been blessed much more richly than I deserve, and its humbling. So with that in mind, today I'm thankful:
- for my health. Yet another year in which my biggest complaint is a cold!
- for my family. We've been through a lot with both sides of the family this year, and much as I sometimes want to string them up by their toenails, I love them all, and wouldn't trade them for the most functional family in the world. (A functional family would so have nothing to do with me!)
- my business. A year ago today I was hoping to shoot maybe six weddings this year and maybe someday do it ful time. Today I sit looking back at a year in which the majority of my income has been photography, and looking ahead to a year that's going to be twice as busy. Wow.
- my shoe collection! I know its silly, but I really am thankful for my shoes. I love them.
- our little house. I love where we live, and I love having marshmallow roasts in the backyard.
- our church. Its so good to be involved in serving again.
- that the election is over! Somehow this time around I just wanted it to end!

There's more, but I'll stop now. Happy thanksgiving, all.

Comments

Popular Posts