my first attempt at an Oscar party

So I must confess: last year was the first I'd watched the Oscars from start to finish, and immediately upon the final announcement, le sisters and I decided that we needed to make a party of it. Well, it's a good thing I've already invited people, because one sister has to move tomorrow afternoon, and the other is up to her earlobes in studying. We'd be tempted to wuss out, I think. However, since I have five friends from work coming for sure, I'm committed. And I must confess to being excited. It will help me to cross off "have grown-up parties" from this year's goals. Anyway, we're giving out prizes for best and worst dressed, and are going to pass out ballots when everyone comes in so they can mark their pics. 
So here is what we're eating:
I think there are enough high-protein items that we should be good. Also most things are pretty flavorful without being crazy bad for you. Here's hoping, anyway. Don't worry: pictures will be taken! In addition, I'll be twittering throughout. I don't promise to be interesting, but I'll try. 

Comments

Popular Posts