on cakes of birthday goodness

So here's the thing: my favorite ice cream in the WHOLE WORLD is coffee with raspberries. And obviously it's not something you can buy in stores, so I'll make it at home sometimes, but sometimes we go to Coldstone so I can get it. And I don't even LIKE Coldstone--their ice cream tastes like wax! But it's such a delicious combination (esp. with heath bars!) that once in a while I convince myself it's a good idea. (Never as good as a carton of Starbucks' Classic Coffee and a bag of frozen raspberries, though.)
So anyway, this is the cake that le husband made me for my birthday: layers of coffee ice cream with raspberries in between and some smushed reese's cups. So, so yummy. In fact, I may need to go eat a piece for breakfast RIGHT NOW.


This is a totally random aside that I thought about as I was uploading this photo: So on Saturday we did "Easter" with le husband's family, and we're in the kitchen dying eggs, and someone held out an egg and I snapped a photo. In available light. With a very wide aperture. And my FIL is standing there and he says, "Heh. There's no way that came out." And I sort of looked at him with a very befuddled expression and did NOT say "Excuse me sir, but taking pictures is what I am paid to do. I think I can figure out how to expose an egg." To quote him: heh. (Seriously! He said that! Who says "heh"???)
On a more logical note, last night I went out to celebrate my birthday with my sisters, and it was most lovely, despite the fact that we apparently have "give us bad BAD service" tattooed on our foreheads. We checked out a tapas place we've been wanting to try, and their happy hour special was $3 cosmos. So scrumptious. (Bekah, we shall have to go next time you're in town.) And then we hit a wine bar. But one sister gave me amazing chopsticks for when I make sushi, and the other found the perfect champagne glasses. And now I need to have a sushi and champagne party. Who's in? 

Comments

s.i. michaels said…
Happy belated birthday!
Lauryl Lane said…
me! i'm in!!! i just wish you didn't live on the east side of the country where it is cold and stuff. grrr. anyway, that birthday cake is lovely and your husband sounds like a real cool dude.
Elizabeth said…
what a wonderful hubby!

oh, and I say "heh." in real life. yes, i know i am a dork.

also, i'm SO in for the champagne/sushi party. dude. of course.
Unknown said…
me. I am in. And Happy Bday, btw!!!

Popular Posts