wednesday wonderfulness, its been a week edition
I always pick up blogging again with the best of intentions. Will plan ahead! Will schedule posts! And then the whole "I could write a post, or I could take a nap" thing surfaces....and naps usually win. So there's that. This week has been a little more hectic than usual on the work front, and now I'm staring at the weekend ahead: I am photographing the last wedding and family session until FT 2.0 arrives, and possibly the last ever. AND I AM SO HAPPY. However, first I have to survive this weekend....
- This reading list has challenged me to add several serious books to mine. (More reading time coming up soon, hooray!)
- 10 tips for being a best-selling author (from Sophie Kinsella. She would know.)
- OMFG teach your kids accurate names for body parts. I do, thanks. Feedback? An opposing position?
- One possible reason women don't make as much as men: they don't ask.
- Big is a choice. So is best.
- how to deal with people who want to "pick your brain."
- I found this post on killing a facebook page to be intriguing. And packed with information for building your brand.
"So whatever it is that you dream of doing (creating, traveling, loving, inventing, transforming) just do it. Don't worry if you're the 100th person to do it. Just do it, anyhow, and be sure that you bring the highest purity of intention to your pursuit. Act from a place of your deepest authenticity, and the rest of it will take care of itself… And trust me, if you are authentic, you WILL be original." —Elizabeth Gilbert
- If you only read one thing I post this week, make it this, please. Related: how we punish people for being poor.
- I mean, you COULD carve pumpkins. Or you could cover gourds with jewels.
- Oh, wow. A kitchen covered in tiny glass beads.
- Anyone want to be Carrie Bradshaw for Halloween?
- Awwww. Super cute halloween wallpaper for your phone.
- I think I need to make one of these for FT.
Well, that's probably enough to keep you all going for a while...and I need to either edit photos or eat dinner. Or shower. That's an option too, I suppose.