Things I was pondering today

Really MUST get my closet cleaned out. I'm tired of flipping through clothes I'm ambivivilent about to compose an outfit, or worse, wearing those boring clothes.

I joined the one hour craft bag swap, and now my brain is bubbling with ideas. I don't want to go too hog-wild until I get my swap partner's preferences, though.

I'm tired of knitting my sweater. Entirely too much stockinette involved. Instead I want to be working on this. Or maybe this. Both of which involve much stockinette. The fact of the matter is, though, that I love the smooth finished look of stockinette, I just get bored with the process. Maybe I should start knitting crop tops so I don't have time to get bored? (These tunic-y things that I love take a while. And miles of yarn.)

I'm obsessed with the idea of dyeing my own yarn. I'm just scared that I would end up with masses of garishly colored cat yak that I would then have to USE. And then I would turn into that scary auntie who presents handmade monstrosities with obvious pride, forcing the recipient to swallow vomit and lie convincingly about their delight.

I want to put together a package for el-brother-o. I keep thinking of lovely things that he needs more of in his life, including heaggy's chocolate, pins for his hat, and The Screwtape Letters.

I also need to make a shower gift for someone who's shower I actually won't be able to attend. But it's a good excuse to knit something charming.

Comments

Anonymous said…
mother-in-law sent a HUGE bag of heaggy's chocolate for us with adam and brett.

Very yummy, even if Aaron did eat nearly ALL the marshmallow chocolate ones before I even had a crack at the bag.
Anonymous said…
O, if I weren't overcommitted already this month, I'd totally join the bag swap. A well. Love the sweaters, and Screwtape Letters is always good. :D
Anonymous said…
Love the sweater you're working on. I sympathize with the boringness of stockinette but that didn't stop me from bookmarking the pattern :D

Popular Posts