a rather productive weekend


project for the colour lovers swap

I'm participating in a polka-dots themed swap this month, so one of the items in my package was this pencil case. I did a kind of random piecing job, and then quilted outlines. The zipper is a vintage one handed down from my grandmother's stash. I was happy with how it came out.


birthday present for mum

This is an apron I made to go in my mum's birthday package. I picked up the fabric on clearance at Joann's, and was loath to part with all those little birdies. But I know mum will love it despite my less-than-professional finishing job (bias binding and I were not having a good day). The pattern is my much loved "1 yard apron" that I got from sewmamasew.

I started a dress yesterday, and I'm hoping to wear it on Saturday to the family get-together. I think the fact that I'm starting a project with only two weeks to go before I move is a sign that I should be seriously concerned about my mental health? (But it's going to be very cute. All stripey and halter-necked.)

Comments

Lauryl Lane said…
love love! the pocket purse especially is just precious. i'm in the apron making mood right now, too... although i cut out several billion yards of bias tape last night and then lost interest in the project, finding law & order much more worthy of my time... blech.
VDOprincess said…
ooooo! cutting your own bias tape? I'm intrigued!

Popular Posts