hooray for midweek holidays

I'm ashamed to admit that I didn't take a single picture yesterday; I just didn't feel like it. I also didn't take any pictures of our last-ever "girls night." See, my sisters-in-law, having been raised in a houseful of boys, are entirely familiar with the action movie genre, but when it comes to movies for teen girls, are very clueless. So every so often, I have them over for a night and we watch cheesy teen movies ("Save the Last Dance" is a favorite), eat junk food, paint our toenails, go shopping, and generally terrorize my husband.
Well, since Tuesday night was going to be the last one, we had to make it extra awesome. We made a wal-mart run for junk food and sour patch kids, drank too much coffee, went to Waffle House at 2:30 in the morning (something I've always wanted to do), and stayed up until 5:00. (I usually only make it until 3, so they wanted to see if I could last all night.) Then we got up at 9 and made banana pudding and went shopping. (The thrift store was having a sale!)
So, I, um, didn't watch any fireworks last night. I was too busy being exhausted next to my poor husband, who has been sick since Friday.
Here's hoping you all had lovely holidays!

Comments

Terri said…
It sounds like you had a marvelous time on your "Girls Night". Some things are even better then fireworks!
Hope you (and your poor sick husband) have both recovered!
God bless.
Terri

Popular Posts