happy valentines day!

It's that day again, and I haven't posted all week, and I'm sorry. So here's what I've been thinking about instead of posting:
- Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. I know it only ran one season, but I love it. We watched the whole season over the past week and a half or so. Amanda Peet is so gorgeous, isn't she? I'm glad she's finally gotten to move beyond the "slutty girlfriend" roles.
- Agatha Christie. I'm addicted! Seriously!
- eating healthy. Current favorite meal: 1/2 cup brown rice, 1 diced hardboiled egg, 2 cups of steamed red cabbage and onions, and balsamic vinegar drizzled on top for flavor. Sounds weird, but is utterly delicious and satisfying. I'm supposed to be doing the Body For Life Challenge, but so far I'm managing the cardio and the diet, and haven't done any weights. But since my main motivation here is health (looking awesome this summer is just a nice side effect) I'm not going to stress about it. Running three times a week, eating no white sugar or white flour, and sticking to 1200 calories a day is huge for me. Besides, my pants are a teeny bit baggier.
- www.fitday.com Seriously? I didn't know how bad peanut butter was until I plugged it into this thing. Try it: it's addictive.
- having a dog. We brought back my in-law's chocolate lab with us when we came back from Ohio this weekend. Her name is Decaf, she's very energetic, and she goes running with me. It's awesome.
- buying a house. We are trying reallyreallyreally hard to get together the funding and find the perfect house, and I'm sort of obsessing over that.

Sorry I had no Wednesday Wonderfulness, or anything really, this week. I've spent very little time online, and the time I HAVE had has been work-related. So there you go. Hope you all have a lovely holiday! We aren't celebrating tonight; le husband worked 14 hours today. We're doing something tomorrow night instead, and it will be simple and inexpensive. (See, "buy a house," above.)

Oh, here's a happy, loving picture for you, taken last week:

blowing kisses

Comments

Marisa said…
I second your plug for fitday.com. I was obsessed with it last year when I was trying to get back down to my "happy" weight.

And good luck with house hunting/buying!! I'm sure you'll find something FABULOUS! How could you not? :) Anyway, hope we get to see you soon.
Anonymous said…
I have become somewhat obsessed with Poirot but I find myself crazy in love with Miss Marple. I'm waiting to get a box set from the library. :)

Popular Posts