I really have awful taste in books

I'm a huge fan of Jane Austen, but I also read more chicklit than is good for my brain. Oh, and I discovered the awesonemess that is Agatha Christie last year, so I've been tearing through every one I can find. (I want to BE Miss Marple. But Poirot can take his mustaches and go somewhere else.) It's embarassing. But I'm not THAT embarassed about it, or I wouldn't have added the nifty little widget on the righthand side where you can see what I'm currently reading. So if you're on GoodReads, add me as a friend. Maybe some of your literacy will rub off on me. If you're not, join. Hopefully having everyone know how mindless I am will convince me to read more thoughful things. Maybe.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I like almost everything put out by Virago books. I think I first got turned on to them because they had Vita Sackville-West's fiction. I can't think of other authors I've discovered through them (largely because I'd never heard of most of them before) but it's still a 'chick'ish literature.

Also getting through Colette's Claudine series for book club.

Popular Posts