please not literal inspiration

I ran across this awesome book at a thrift store last week and, knowing I had to share some scans, snapped it up.
I love the coy expression and the fact that she appears to be nude. Also: what are her bangs doing on the right-hand side? Could she be modeling...whirls of curls? 

"Hair at crown springs up in great swoops of curls." I think I personally would avoid any hair style that could be described with words like "swooping" or "springing." 


"Curl-burst." Like cloud-burst? Dear, dear me. 

Really, though--click these so you can read the text. Hilarious. 

Comments

Rosanna said…
hahaha... wow. Personally, if I had curls, I'd try one of those. Just for fun.
Beverly Dillow said…
I'm not an antique lover by any means, but I do like to see some of the vintage things and this is one of them. Brings back memories. Speaking of hair, what I wish I could find is the box like the one I got when I was 16. It was what my blow dryer came in and it had Farrah Fawcet on it. I really worked to have hair like hers. :)

Popular Posts