So my husband and I aren't really into Valentines Day; it's such a manufactured holiday that we can't seem to get excited about it. So last year we hung out with my sister and her boyfriend and made sushi; this year I have no idea what we'll do. I can get excited, though, about taking time to show someone you love them with a little something special. Not necessarily on Sunday, though you can if you want. With that in mind, here are some simple, inexpensive ways to show your love.
- make your own chocolate-hazelnut spread. Who needs a fancy dinner? A bowl of this, a bottle of wine, a loaf of crusty bread...I would be happy.
- how about some raspberry jellies? Tuck them into a pocket with a little note to be found later.
- Have a reader in your life? Make a bookmark that will remind them every single day just how much you love them.
- I kind of like this idea for valentines. Maybe find some real feathers on a walk together?
- heart garland! How fun would it be to make one and string it from the mirror of someone's car to surprise them?
- put a kiss in their pocket.
- I love the idea of using this packaging and creating a little bottle of "love pills."
- and of course: lovely, non cheesy valentines.
Enjoy, and have a lovely valentines day!