wednesday wonderfulness, still snowing edition
We've had a ridiculous amount of snow in our little, usually mild Mid-Atlantic region over the past month or so. Since I spent two (miserable, cold) winters in Ohio, I know how to drive in the stuff. However, our area just isn't prepared to deal with it. We're understaffed on plows and trucks, and I can't even keep track of how many days the kids have missed school now. Ah, well. Only six more weeks of winter, right? Ok, on to the good stuff.
- I think that these photos of people at work are just lovely.
- Um, I think this is pretty much the perfect wedding dress.
- this tumblr is super-addictive. Maybe because it belongs to a world-famous photog?
- this photostream just blows me away. She's 16. I'm in awe.
- I usually try to avoid political on this blog, but I watched the grammys and was reeeeeally annoyed when Taylor Swift won album of the year. (Especially after her epically horrible performance with Stevie Nicks.) Best album? Over Lady Gaga, who is reshaping music as we speak? Anyway, I found this article to be quite interesting, and I do agree with much of it.
- my sister-in-law is currently growing our her hair, and it's at that super-awkward stage right now. So I'm thinking fingerwaves might be the solution, and these tutorials look pretty helpful.
- If you're a Bones fan (yes, I am. David Boreanaz + any Deschanel = awesomeness) then you may enjoy flipping through this fairly comprehensive set of photos.
- what to pack when you're one of those practical adventurous types. (it's still helpful, I promise.)
- confession: I haven't actually watched all of these, because the sound is mysteriously not working on my computer. But I find the premise of a whole bunch of men's underwear ads to be quite hilarious, and possibly a good way to spend some snowed in time.
- hmm. Another snow day project? Homemade granola. Anyone have a better recipe?
- yes! justifying the whole "you can keep it for more than a year if you haven't worn it" mindset.
- adorable valentine! or birthday card. Or just because.
- observations that are interesting. (And I mostly agree with.)
- psychedelic pale pastels! yes!
- obligatory zooey picture
- mmmm. frugal wedding tips.
- helpful: managing multiple projects and staying organized.
In other news, I'm sorry posting has been non-existent lately. We've been out of town as well as without a computer. Hopefully things are back to normal now!