debating with myself

Ok, so I've recently become obsessed with the idea of wearing high-heeled oxfords. I love the look of regular flat oxfords, but they do absolutely NOTHING for my legs. In addition, something like this:

is an absolutely fabulous combination of menswear-inspired and sexy, and to top it off, it has a vintage feel. There were a pair at Delias that I almost ordered, but they're backordered until October. No thanks! (Also: heels aren't high enough. I have BIG FEET so I have to wear pretty high heels for them to look right.) So anyway, I've been poking on Ebay trying to find something I like, and while these Chanel lovelies will finish way out of my price range, I did find these:


Now, before you recoil in shock, hear me out. Yes, those are 5 1/2 inch heels. Yes, they are fetish shoes and, based on the sizes in which they are available, probably designed for cross-dressers. But still! Wouldn't they be fab paired with a pencil skirt and seamed hose? Or a pair of wide-legged, high-waisted trousers? Or skinny jeans and a loose black top?

Or have I been sniffing too many nail polish fumes? Opinions, please?

Comments

Anonymous said…
No. I can't pull them off 'cuz I have short stumpy feet, but they would look really sharp on you. Who cares about cross-dressers? :) You'll look hot.
Casey Maura said…
I agree--who cares about the cross-dresser connotations?! lol. I've been looking for really high, black patent platforms on ebay lately. so I've been running across a ton of shoes that are perfect, but really for stripper-types. lol. as long as it looks cute--who cares?! have fun!! :D
Porkchop said…
omw! i want! i want! i want!

i am personally of the opinion no heel is too high. and they don't look stripper-esq to me at all. (could be the decided lack of two inch platforms.)
Bets said…
Hahaha, I just picked up a pair like that, rounder toes, last weekend, so I can't say I don't like them... I think they're very cute. Come on, you're not going to look like a cross-dresser anyway, so why not? :)
Anonymous said…
Fake leather + heels = pain. For me at least. I don't think drag queen when I look at these I just think painful, horse clomping walk. If, however, you are one of those magical people who can stride effortlessly in any heel, go for it. Me? I'm going to pick up the pair at La Redoute.

Popular Posts