lots of jolly goodness

fabulous stationary contest from decor8. There are good prizes, so check it out!
lots of free knitting patterns from Vogue! (And look! There's a cape!)
another knitting pattern: baby booties. I just learned that a friend of mine had twins; I might make some of these to go with the little hats I'm knitting.
great idea: use coloring book pages as embroidery patterns.
currently (almost) on the needles: this charming little hat. I started it last night, got through the dreaded first row (am I the only person who hates doing the first row?) and two more, and then realized that no, I really had twisted my stitches when I joined them. So I ripped it all out again. Will restart it today, hopefully, after I finish making the apron that is to be my birthday present for Grandma.
photo/stylist contest that yielded some awesome images. warning: not all are family friendly (the contest theme was "wicked.") But gorgeous for all that.
absolutely lovely recycled clothes.
Oh! Tuesday was the last day for me of doing Wardrobe Refashion. I'm afraid I only did one refashion and one sewing project, but for all that, it was very beneficial. I became much more aware of how I spend money on clothes and how those "bargains" add up. I haven't missed buying new, actually, and our bank account is much the better for it. Which isn't to say I won't be hitting the end-of-season sales....

Comments

Popular Posts