finally, a sort of wardrobe refashion

how much is that doggie in the window? Sunday afternoon I had a bit of extra time, so rather than fallowing my usual mode of gluing myself to the computer and working, I made a dress and wore it to church Sunday night. It's not a true refashion in that I didn't remake something, but it's the closest I've come in a while. So, the details. Fabric is from Joann Fabrics clearance rack, as is the yellow bias tape. (Can I just say that I love bias tape???) The pattern is one I picked up after seeing it on Lexy's blog and, while she suggested some modifications she'd had to make, the only thing I changed was the skirt; the pattern calls for a circle skirt, but obviously this fabric has a lovely border print. So I attached it using inverted pleats in the front. The white underneath is one of my white skirts--the skirt was full and I was worried about it blowing around, so I had to put something underneath. And the flats are my fabulous ones from *tiny voice* Payless that I absolutely adore. Oh I'm wearing a belt because the back of the waistband is supposed to be elasticised, but I didn't have any elastic. So I'm having to cinch the waist until I make it to the store and actually finish the dress.

Comments

Lexy Girl said…
Love it! I still haven't sewn mine, it's cut up in pieces in a plastic bag at my mom's... *sigh* yours is really inspiring me to finish though, hehe.
Tracy Purtscher said…
Love the dress sweetie. Looks great on you!

Popular Posts