Wow. Another year gone! This time last year I was getting ready for the teen all-nighter, I think. Tonight I'm going to hang quietly with friends while wearing fake eyelashes that make me look like a snuffleupaguas, according to le husband. Honestly? Am so ready for 2009 to be done. In many ways its been a really tough year. Where 2008 was about learning to shoot weddings, 2009 was about learning to run a business. And how to say "no." But in the spirit of rejoicing, here are the things I did in 2009 that I'm really really happy about:
- Walked 60 miles in three days. Without training beforehand.
- Shot 22 (or 23) weddings.
- Shot my first same-sex wedding
- Began to learn the fine art of off-camera flash
- Took my sister-in-law to NYC for the first time. You should have seen her face!
- Learned that 90% of being a friend is just showing up. And in so doing, developed some really amazing friendships.
- Went swimming in the ocean at midnight. On impulse. Got eaten alive by mosquitos. Was awesome.
- Traveled to Minnesota and Atlanta for photos.
- Learned that I can function just fine on 4 hours of sleep.
- Started running again.
- Dropped a pants size.
- Challenged people to dream.
- Learned to make amazing mac n cheese.
- Loved life as hard as I could
Here's to seeing what 2010 holds for us! Yay!