the bag of wicked awesomeness

My tote bag died again, so I've spent spare moments over the past couple of weeks working on a replacement. It had to be:
- huge (big enough for a book, my moleskiene calendar, and my knitting)
- shoulder-strapped
- zippable
- pocketed
- sturdy
- fun.
I think this meets all the criteria. It's still not entirely complete--I need to tack down some ends, etc, but I like it too much to care. The brown fabric is one I picked up on clearance at Hancocks, the blue flowers were thrifted. I'm happy.

baggy goodness

detail of the strap

clashing fabrics

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh! What a pretty solution! Did you just make the pattern yourself? Love the lining especially... ;)
Lauryl Lane said…
that's awesome, i love it! kudos!
VDOprincess said…
Thanks! I did make the pattern myself; I just ripped fabric to somewhere approaching the right size, and went from there.

Popular Posts