clutching at straws

Clutches are apparently supposed to be big this spring, but I don't care. I love the prim ladylike shape, the very chic "I can carry a clutch because I never forget my purse" look. Sadly, this is not the case for me; I usually carry a giant over-the-shoulder bag that's big enough to toss in a book, a couple of notebooks, knitting, and whatever else strikes my fancy. (For this reason, I go through bag at an alarming rate.) This doesn't keep me from dreaming, though, of the day when my purse contents can be pared down to the minimum. I've rounded up some lovely vintage finds from Ebay, all with more than a day left and no more than $10 at the time of posting. Good, eh?


left: it has a covered button! How fabulous! right: it's gray, and it's not a tiny, wimpy clutch. Could perhaps hold all the necessities for the day? 

Yellow! I love yellow. The white one on the right is fabulously oversized. Loving that. 

These two are decidedly smaller, but also look more vintage. 

Ok, this little guy on the left is very tempting. The print! The bow! The perfection! And on the right, we have your two major trends: oversized and purple. 
Enjoy! As always, click on the images to go to the auctions. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love clutches!

Purses with straps get all tangledy for me. Furthemore, you can carry a big tote, but still toss your clutch in. Then, just retrieve your clutch when you're paring down. If that makes sense. That's what I do when traveling.
joy said…
I do the same thing as porky when I travel. Doing so allows me to carry everything I really need but makes it easy to grab the important stuff; go for the clutch!
Lauryl Lane said…
your sisters are so smart! ;) i too end up with a ginormous bag that can hold my portfolio, my macbook, a magazine or two and a paperback book, makeup, hairbrush, blackberry and ipod, you know... the list goes on and on. i have several adorable clutches but never use them. i'm going to follow sarah and joy's great advice, though. for sure!

Popular Posts