dancing to her own beat

I survived camping! And I assured my husband I will even try it again. The only icky sovenier I have is the raccoon-eyes sunburn currently making my love for JackieO glasses look like a very foolish thing. Don't worry, I didn't buy any tacky thingummys to bring back; I did, however, make my husband go with me to hunt down the town's library sale, at which I scored a lovely illustrated sewing book from the fifties (for a dollar!). I also visited a yarn shop for the very first time, and am quite proud that I didn't buy a single thing, not even the silk yarn on sale for $5 a skein.
All that to say, I've composed a most lovely summer playlist for enjoying these last few weeks of summer. I call it "hot summer days." (The sequel, "hotter summer nights" may or may not be posted at a later time.) Every song on this list makes me love summer, and most of them make me want to get up and dance. Some older, some newer, some overplayed, some girl power, but all fun.
Taste The Summer:Duran Duran
Hey Mama :Black Eyed Peas
Young And Proud:Ace Of Base
Mustang Sally:Los Lobos
Fett's Vett:MC Chris
You Make Me Feel Like Dancing:Leo Sayer
Just a Girl:No Doubt
1985 :Bowling For Soup
All She Wants To Do Is Dance:Don Henley
One Girl Revolution:Superchick
(Oh) Pretty Woman:Van Halen
Kokomo:The Beach Boys
Walkin' On The Sun:Smash Mouth
Happy Day:Tae Sah Jah
Trains to Brazil:Guillemots
Roses Are Red:Aqua
Baby Wants A Diamond Ring:Squirrel Nut Zippers
Us:Regina Spektor
Maps:Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Comments

Popular Posts