peaches and cream pie

peach pie I made two of these last Thursday night for the teen activity, and they went over quite well. I was happy, because they're seriously some of the easiest pies I've ever made, and I can't wait to try making them with other types of fruit. I made mine with frozen The pie ends up tasting like you're eating it with milk or vanilla ice cream-yummy! From the recipe book "pie."

Peaches and Cream Pie
1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell (I used storebought. *shock*)
1 16 oz bag frozen peaches
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup brown sugar

Preheat oven to 400.
Arrange frozen peaches in pie shell. (Or you can just dump them in like I did.) Mix together the cream, confectioner's sugar, and vanilla. Pour over peaches. Bake for 30 minutes. Sprinkle brown sugar over pie. Reduce oven heat to 350 and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until bubbly. Filling with look runny, but will thicken as it cools.
Let cool 4 hours or overnight.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts