debating the point

debatable So I can't decide if these sandals give the whole look a cool, funky, D&G bondage-esqe vibe, or if they make me look like an older lady in cruisewear, lacking only souvenier jewelry and large sunglasses to complete the ensemble. Opinions? I did wear this today, though, because even if I do look like a cruise queen, it's not a vibe I channel very often, so I might as well try it once in a while, right? Different is good. Please excuse the wet hair and lack of makeup/accessories; I had to snag husband to take the picture before he left, which was only minutes after I got out of the shower.
I'd like to add that my right sandal broke pretty much the minute I arrived at work, so as I type this it's sitting on the floor waiting for the superglue to dry that will hopefully keep it in place. I almost wish that it would break again, though, so I can wear mismatched shoes for the rest of the day and when people ask whyI'll tell them, "I'm starting a trend, because there are so many great shoes in the world there's no way I'll make it though them all if I stick with wearing one pair at a time."
vintage yellow linen dress/tunic-y thing: thrifted
black capris: thrifted
black sandals: thrifted

Comments

Anonymous said…
Not dominatrix or scary resort lady with leather suitcase skin. Very cute and retro with a bold shoe.

Keep meaning to post that I love the new banner. So pretty & colorful.
Anonymous said…
what she said.Plus, love, love love the new hair!! Fantastic choice!
Lexy Girl said…
I like the shoe(s). And the hair. But mostly I really really like the mismatched shoe idea.

When I spill coffee on myself on the way to work (this happens with an alarming rate of frequency) and someone comments on it I always tell them that it's an underground trend thing and they wouldn't understand.

Popular Posts