so we cooked lunch for mum in honor of mother's day

we made lunch for mum for mother's day Fluff El Brother-o set the table in a most impressive manner, complete with nicely folded napkins and picking of wildflowers for the centerpiece. (See, these are the benefits of having lots of sisters: one day, he will know how to woo fair maidens with his ways.) While he worked on this task, Porkchop and I made lunch. (Barbie was in the back room teaching mum how to organize the bookmarks on her computer.) While at the farmer's market that morning, we had picked up fresh greens and baby swiss chard, and the chard fell to me. I'd never cooked it before, but I decided to braise it in a little olive oil with diced onion and lemon juice. The lemon contrasted nicely with the earthiness of the chard. When it was done, I tossed it with linguini and grated parmesan on top.
Porkchop made the salad, and it contained pretty much every yummy thing known to mankind, including steamed green beans, mushroom, avacados, strawberries, and lovely homemade balsamic vinagrette. This is what it all looked like, not terribly beautiful but VERY tasty:
mother's day luncheon

Then for dessert we had coconut sorbet with sliced strawberries and fresh pineapple. YUM.
dessert

Comments

Anonymous said…
You know I'm dating a boy with three sisters and for the mothers day dinner he was the only child that cooked anything. we made pavlova (photos on my blog) but I was amazed that none of the girls cooked at all.

Popular Posts