in need of advice

I'm in love with this vintage Lilly dress. (Don't worry, I'm not going to buy it.) However, I love the style, and I have this adorable fabric I picked up last summer that is white with sherberty stripes on it. Do you think a style such as the dress pictured would turn a girl with hips into a veritable battleship? Or would it be fresh, and summery, and totes adorable? Suggestions?
(Please note: I have NO IDEA when I'm going to have time to sew. It's slightly ridiculous, really.)

Oh! If you're needing motivation to polish up your sewing skills, go here. She's just incredible. I love the way she sees something in an ad and says "I want to make that." And does.

Comments

Erica Bunker said…
I think the empire waistline and the ruffles would cover a multitude of sins! As long as it is nipped in under the bust, it will look great.
Unknown said…
Fitted at the waist or under the bust will show your shape without over accentuating any issues you may have. Very cute dress.
Anonymous said…
I have hips and I would serious wear this dress. I honestly think that the empire waist and keeping the skirt narrow beneath the ruffles will help streamline the shape. The fabric you have sounds great!
lsaspacey said…
My only suggestion would be to start the ruffles down one more inch from the bust to make it clear that you have a shape beneath the dress. Otherwise, I see no problems.

Popular Posts