I could while away the hours

In between all this being sick and editing of photos, I have managed to squeeze in at least a little fun.
watching: If you haven't seen Mozart and the Whale and you like relationship dramas, I suggest it. It's about two autistic people who learn to make their relationship work. Beyond the acting, which was engaging (I was actually surprised because I didn't think Josh Hartnett could act), the visuals are fabulous. Isabelle has amazing fashion sense--she totally looks like something from wardrobe remix--and I love the way she decorates her living spaces.
reading: Also, I've been rereading all the Josephine Tey books I can get my hands on. She's such a charming writer, and it says something that I reread her books--that doesn't happen often. "Daughter of Time" is one of her most famous, but I actually don't like it. Maybe if I were more into English history I would. A good one to start on is The Franchise Affair. Apparently it's based on an actual case from the 18th century, but she brings it into the 1940s. Anyway, check them out. Good beach reads at the least.

Comments

Popular Posts