warm weather makes me feel alive

It's over eighty today, and that makes me happy. I'm luxuriating in the warmth at every possible turn, letting it wash around me like golden syrup. For some reason, warm weather also makes me want to cook. I'm not sure why that is--most people like to turn off the stove when the temperature rises, but not me. The heat makes me want to eat great quantities of real food--a vast departure from my winter diet of ramen with tofu (no, seriously). I want tomato sauce with fresh basil and green beans with balsamic vinagrette. For now, though, I'm fulfilling those urges by using up the contents of the freezer in anticipation of the day when we'll have to move.
We're having friends over for dessert and coffee Friday night, and I was planning on making a cheesecake, but now I'm rethinking. Wouldn't a coffee granita be cool and refreshing? Or maybe a dish of coconut sorbet with strawberries sliced on top and a spritz of lime.
Ah, the delicious possibilities.

Comments

Popular Posts