the great hair debate

I'm once again getting bored with my hair (it happens about every three months) but this time I want to do something really drastic with it, and am debating chopping it all off, ala Audrey Hepburn in Roman Holiday and Sabrina. Witness the loveliness:







However, I am posessed of neither the swanlike neck or wondering eyes of Madame Hepburn, so I wasn't entirely convinced I could pull it off. Until my darling sisters, who are wonderful about talking me into doing wild and crazy things, presented this photo:



Similar facial shape? Check. Very short, modern-looking hair? Check. Still looks feminine? Double-check.

So now the question lies with you, dear readers. Should I boldly whack off the long locks that I've had for most of my life, or should I choose some other way of exorcising my boredom? Please feel free to share.

Side note: This photo has nothing to do with anything, other than the fact that it is simply faaaaaabulous. I want to be able to pull off a turban!


Comments

Anonymous said…
*chants*

chop. chop. chop.

you only live once. you're only young once. if you cut it off short any time later in life (with kiddos) you're going to feel you have succumed to mommy-dom. now, you're just being hip and cool.

chop. chop. chop.
Terri said…
I get so tired of my hair and it looks good short, but my husband likes it longer, so I am trying (one last time) to grow it out...but if it doesn't work, I'm cutting it short and buying myself some hair from Paula Young Wigs, for those days when I feel like having long, flowing locks!!!
Be brave and go for it!
Good luck!
Terri
lsaspacey said…
I say cut it, why not? Check out pics of Gwyneth Paltrow's hair in 1998's Sliding doors and Natalie Portman's hair (at bottom of page)
http://www.style-spotlight.net/category/awards/golden-globes/
Anonymous said…
I agree with Sarah. If it will express your spirit and not be purely a "functional" cut, do it!

Mommy-dom is never a good time to try something trendy/new that kid-less gals do for style. Because then you're a "wannabe." So sad.
Anonymous said…
Of course it's easy enough to say when it's not your own hair, but I say go for it! If you don't do it, you'll always wonder what it would have been like if you had.

But then too, I advise asking the hubby first. Unless you're going for the Gift of the Magi, a haircut is not a good spouse-surprise!

Popular Posts