the great wedding dress hunt

First off, let me assure you that this is all totally hypothetical. No one I know would do anything like this.
Let's suppose we have someone getting married on July 7th. It's their third one, so it will be small, and wearing white isn't required. This person would also be rather small (5' 5") and pretty petite (size 2/4), so she can wear most styles with ease. Her personal style would be less vintage, more Eva Longoria's character on Desparate Housewives. (The "not so vintage" bit is what's throwing me.) So we need to find her a wedding dress, ok? But here's the tricky part: two days before the wedding this bride is having a boob job, so she'll be a D plus swelling. We have to find a dress that will cover her bandages.
This is what I came up with (click on image for dress information):


Chic, modern, youthful without being too young. It's not black; it's navy with light blue. Are the colors too harsh, though? It does have light stretch, though, so it should fit swelling. Hmmm.

I love this one. The color would be dynamic on fair skin, and teamed with gold sandals and a simple gold cuff bracelet? Simply smashing. The neckline is fabulous, too.

I do love the laciness of this one. I'm afraid, though, that it might generate some of those nasty "married quickly because they had to" rumors.

I love these sleeves. Dramatic and awesome, and I love the whole vintage vibe here, which is totally updated by pairing it with nude heels. Weddingish, but very fresh, I think.


These last two are my favorites, but I have to give the edge on wearability to this one because of the length. (Rumor has it that Hypothtical Bride doesn't like to wear minis, although her legs are quite lovely.) The neckline is high enough, there are sleeves, it's a knit fabric...all the constraints are met, plus this dress is just gooorgeous. Very clean and lovely.


And this is the dress I would wear if I could wear anything in the world. Feminine, meets the requirements, and totally lovely.

So, what suggestions would you have for this hypothetical bride?

Comments

lsaspacey said…
I was buying hypothetical until the boob job for a D plus. That's pretty specific. I'll look around.
lsaspacey said…
http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/catalog/productdetail.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&id=73409&parentid=APP_DRESS_SOLID&pushId=APP_DRESS_SOLID&popId=APP_DRESSES&sortProperties=&navCount=30&navAction=poppushpush&color=alm
Anonymous said…
I like the 4th dress the best but if she's a mini avoider, don't know if that would work.

Anthro would be the best bet, or maybe Ann Taylor. All of their dresses are a modest length and keep the cleavage covered (so no bandages show.)
Anonymous said…
I say go with the 2nd to last dress. The button placement is adorable. The dress is still very "wedding like" and would provide the bride with a sense of modesty that she likes as well as comfort that is necessary because of the pending surgery.

Popular Posts