since I knew he was coming I totally baked made a cake

remains of the day

Brotherinlaw1 turned 23 (I think) yesterday. We celebrated his birthday Sunday night, with much popping of balloons and wearing of hats. (Not birthday hats, just hats in general. Because we're weird that way.)
For his cake, I made an icecream cake and was able to try the next recipe on my list from Perfect Scoop: strawberry sour cream. It was quite delicious, although a little icy, but that was my fault because I put in too many strawberries. The bottom layer is the classic chocolate that we've been making constantly for the past couple of weeks. Everyone looooved that bit.
Specifics on the cake: I poured the freshly-churned ice cream into foil-lined cake pans, then put them in the freezer to set. A quart or so filled each pan quite nicely. The filling is crushed oreos, and the frosting is sweetened whipped cream. Be sure to take the cake out of the freezer and stick it in the fridge about an hour before you plan to cut it, because it got rather hard.

Comments

Popular Posts