summertime and the living is easy

Something about warm weather takes me from moderately sluggish to full-out bookworm, wanting to do nothing more than lie in a hammock and read all day long, the heat and humidity washing over me, the sunlight dappling my skin. Unfortunately the harsh realities of being an adult intrude and I do go to work, but the impetus to blog, to search out cool things, to exert myself, just isn't there, and I spend any free time at my desk reading something, wether on the "to read" list or not. That is why, dear readers, I haven't posted much lately; I'm too lethargic. (Side note: any book suggestions? I'm always on the lookout for a good read, and like pretty much anything.) Ok, so here is some of the stuff I'm looking at but have been too lazy to share.

Ok, so I'll stop for now. Anyone going to see "Ocean's 13" this weekend? And did I mention that "Miss Potter" is currently showing in our dollar theater, but I haven't been able to go yet? Le sigh.

Comments

Kelly said…
At least you have the impetus to read! Although I adore summer reading, by the time I get comfortable in the sun I'm just ready to nap the day away.

As for book suggestions, I'll give you three - three genres; two old favorites, and one new:
* Till We Have Faces by C.S. Lewis (okay, I know I've mentioned this before, but I can't help myself
* the complete Poems of Emily Dickinson (yes, this version)
* Arcadia by Tom Stoppard (this is the newbie, which really must be seen, then read, then seen, then read, then . . .)

Hmm, that film does seem intriguing. A different take from the usual heroization of the underground . . . And on a lighter note, I did very much enjoy and recommend Miss Potter.
joy said…
I'm reading a Herman Wouk book that doesn't make a whole lot of sense but I'm finishing it anyway. I'm also reading a psychology in investing book (boooooring), a textbook (moderately boring), and re-reading Ben Carson's autobio. I have an enormous heap of self-improvement books-on-CD in my car and am on my way to a significantly improved memory. Sounds jolly, eh?

I'd recommend some of the self-improvement books and the Ben Carson auotobio, but that's about it. You can borrow them all when you move next month, yes?
joy said…
Ooh, start on Harry Potter. I've had several adults recommend them and I'm dying to start, just haven't ponied up the $25 for a book, yet. Read one and tell me what YOU think.

Popular Posts