remember that ice cream maker we got for $5?

Well, my whole ice cream making craze was inspired by reading online reviews of David Lebovitz's book, Perfect Scoop. I checked it out from the library, and, um, we're addicted. I made the first batch of his basic chocolate ice ceam (Note: do not read "basic" as "boring." It's so not.) and it was gone before I could get a picture of it. The combination of cocoa powder and semisweet chocolate creates a perfect balance of intense chocolate flavor. So anyway, this picture is from my second batch, wherin I didn't have quite enough semisweet chocolate, so I threw in the two ounces I had of unsweetened chocolate to make up the difference, and yes, it's quite good.
homemade chocolate ice cream

If you haven't looked at this cookbook yet, do give it a peek. I don't buy a ton of cookbooks, but my husband and I both want to cook through the whole thing, trying every. single. recipe. (First on the list: black pepper ice cream. Although the fresh ginger ice cream sounds really yummy, too.... so many choices.)

Comments

marta said…
oh my goodness. what a steal and what a delicious june treat. mmmm. mmm. yes, please.. thanks for the inspiration.
Unknown said…
oooh i want some ice cream now!

Popular Posts