the addiction of lists

If you haven't yet encountered 43 things, you're missing out. (Here is my list.) But those same brilliant minds have also produced the most addictive site yet: lists of bests. Books, music, movies, food, places, people--it's all there, and you just have to click to say you've done it. Then they can instantly tell you what percentage of a list you've completed. (26% of the AFI greatest films of all time, 3% of Easton Press' 100 greatest books ever written.) That thrill that comes from checking something off a list? Is now accessible 24/7 and without any actual expenditure of effort. I love it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I agree... I'm addicted to the 43 Things lists, plus the 43 places and 43 people and the 43 allcomsuming... they're great as a confirmation of everything you've accomplished.
WOW. I had no idea! Another addiction, thanks! I know what I'm doing this afternoon...

Popular Posts