this is making me want to create things instead of pack!

Which is, I assure you, not a good state of affairs.
  • cool article on seeking out everyday inspiration. There are some fabulous links, as well as good ideas.
  • the above led me, in a roundabout way, to these totes. Oilcloth and roomy, they look like they would make awesome beach bags or a cute diaper bag. Stuff it with baby stuff for your next command appearance at a baby shower. (Does anyone ever want to go to those things, wether for babies or weddings? I didn't even want to go to MINE!)
  • also: an apron group on flickr. I'm so going to use this for inspiration. (Have I mentioned that aprons are the ultimate "instant gratification" sewing project? They're done quickly, they fit almost anyone, and you can never have too many.)
  • I found some lovely fabric on the dollar rack at WalMart today; it's white with tiny stripes in all the colors of the rainbow. I bought *gulp* five yards. I'm thinking maybe something like this or else a classic strapless dress with circle skirt. Maybe with a self belt? Also: I bought a Built by Wendy pattern today. I love the gray knit version, but am thinking that maybe gathering under my (very ample) bum might not be the most flattering? Mental note: am not built for hipster fashion. Figure is much better suited to vintage lines.
  • after reading this, I suddenly want to start embroidering pillowcases. And sheets. and maybe underwear?
  • ooooo! A DIY contest where you win copies of Blueprint and Adorn. Deadline is June 20th, so think quickly. Kat, I think your refashioned undies might work in this instance?
  • I'm not a shawl person, but I love this shrug. Sounds like a great excuse to buy a super-luxe yarn. And how awesome would this be for adding that little something extra to an outfit? See also: good present for expectant/nursing mummies: adds warmth around the shoulders for those midnight feedings without getting in the way.
  • how gorgeous is this?

Comments

Lexy Girl said…
I love that Vogue pattern for your Wal-Mart fabric! It reminds me a lot of Butterick 4919 that I'm making (eventually).

Can't wait to see it :)

I totally know what you mean about Alicia's pillows... I have never embroidered anything in my life and I'm like "wow... I want to embroider pillow cases now"
Anonymous said…
The Vogue pattern is divine.

The Built by Wendy patterns are definitely tricky--I am just not one for bubble hems.

Popular Posts