next installment in the ice cream project

coffee
I've ben looking forward to the coffee ice cream; it's my favorite. I wasn't disappointed in this batch, even though I had to add a little instant coffee to kick up the flavor. I think that was my fault for using beans that weren't super fresh.

Good news! My copy of the cookbook I've been making all of these out of, Perfect Scoop, came today, so the library can have theirs back. Further good news: I've mixed up two more flavors (super lemon and fresh ginger) and they're only waiting on le husband to come so they can be frozen. (The freezing part is his job.)

Comments

Kelly said…
Can't wait to hear how the ginger turns out! Also, since I checked out the book but didn't end up having access to an ice cream maker myself, can I highly recommend lavendar ice cream? I had it the last time I was in the UK, and it was possibly the most refreshing thing ever! I just about drooled on the page when I saw it in Perfect Scoop.
Lauryl Lane said…
I haven't gotten a library card since we moved to Cali... now I think I'm going to have to go check out 'The Perfect Scoop.' We pulled out our ice cream maker and made something yum this morning and now I'm afraid we're going to be addicted. Thanks for the inspiration! ;)

Popular Posts