busting out of my shell

this is the closest I'll ever come to one of those awesome Marc jacobs ads

A lot of people laugh when I say that I'm pushing myself to get out of my comfort zone fashion-wise; based on some of the wacky stuff I wear, they find it quite inconceivable that I have a "comfort zone." But I do. There are certain things I want to wear but am just scared to try--will it be too weird? Hats are one of those things--I have a bunch of lovely vintage ones, but haven't worn them. Yet. Friday was the day to get over that. I chose the simplest of them: a simple black net with bow in the back, and wore it with a very simple outfit to work.
detail of my awesome hat I added the red lips to add to the vintage flair. Reception of the hat was mostly positive; a few teens couldn't fathom why I would wear such a thing, but everyone over twenty loved it. So my courage is bolstered, and hopefully I'll try this again soon.
The above awesome picture was taken by my husband after we got home from watching a movie at the dollar theater. I love it, despite my less-than-optimal pose, because of the lighting and the ghostly sort of leaves in the upper left side.
black tee: gap
white capris: Gabriel brothers
hat: thrifted
belt: express
black flats: payless
bag: swapped for it

Comments

Popular Posts