picking paint colors


Yes, we get to paint at the new house, even though it's a rental. I'm so excited--no more white walls or tan carpet awfulness! So yesterday I went to pick out paint colors with the "Last Kiss" soundtrack playing on my iPod (it's very conducive to paint-color picking). This shot isn't terribly color accurate, since it wasn't taken in natural light, but there you are. So.
The green is for our bedroom. I think I'm going with the one on the left, second from the bottom, the grassy color? All of our bedding is white, so I think this will look very fresh. (Don't tell le husband, but I think I'm going to wangle a sort of drapey canopy thing.)
The purple (either second or third from the bottom) is the color of the bathroom floor. We can't change that, so I'm trying to work with it. I'm thinking mybe a cafe au lait color on the walls, with white and chocolate brown accents? Will that tone down the purple or will it look too middle-aged/boring/annoying?
Yellow is for the office. We're going with on of the lighter shades; you can't see it in the picture. I think the bookshelves (at least some of them) will end up in there, and I'm going to paint the inside backs with leftover green from the bedroom. So it will be very springy and daffodilish.
Blue is for the living room. One of the two middle shades, and I can't remember which right now.
Pink, on the far left, will be the kitchen walls. This is the one color that could go disastrously wrong, but I want to try. See, the kitchen floor is BRIGHT ROYAL BLUE. So the obvious choice is a red white and blue theme, but there's a couple of problems. 1) That would require white walls, which I hate. 2) It would be a little too predictable, I think. 3) I have a pink kitchenaid. And I don't want to knit it a cosy. (Although that WOULD keep me from having to clean it!) So based on the above information, I've decided to go with a red/pink/white/blue theme, with the emphasis on the red and pink. That way, I get to indulge my current obsession with that color combo. So I'm having very pale pink walls, and I'm pulling the red in with fabrics, etc.
That's it! I'm so psyched. I think we get to start painting next week. Hooray!

Comments

Anonymous said…
You need to have more color theme ideas. (i.e.: indian)
Anonymous said…
heyyyyyyyyyyyyy. c, i nedz @ kewl iderr like wat be good wit tha color green. like graffitti & shizz
Anonymous said…
hola, fiodhsg kdsjgf fdksgfkfd
Anonymous said…
i




love



pedro
Anonymous said…
cool! i hate paint!
whatev
laquisha is cool
Anonymous said…
Your color needs to be your style!

Popular Posts